Pushing past a PR. Feeling the pump. Performing at your best.
Not every gym session you have will be a great one. Sometimes you’re better, and other times you’re worse.
However, a good way to balance the odds in your favor is by using a Pre Workout.
Pre Workouts are supplements that you can use both in sports and in training for:
- Maximum Strength – Give your body what it needs to peak your performance.
- Increased Stamina – Exercise for longer with a higher level of endurance.
- Better Muscle Pumps – Feel incredible while training and look more vascular and thick.
- Enhanced Focus – Concentrate more on your session and push past any mental barriers.
However, with so much choice on the market – it can be hard to tell which one will work for you.
In this article, we’ve put together a list of the best pre workouts we’ve found on the market and why they will work for you.
The Current Top Pre Workouts on the Market:
Here are our most recommended pre workouts so far this year:
Increase Power Output
Maximizes Muscle Pumps
Can take 2 servings at once
No Artificial Sweeteners
No Side Effects
No Proprietary Blends
Made in cGMP and FDA Approved Facilities
Link to Review
Here are these products in more detail:
#1. 4 Gauge
What you need to know about 4 Gauge:
This is by far the best pre workout we’ve come across so far.
Manufactured in cGMP and FDA approved facility, 4 Gauge is the safest and most effective pre workout on the market at the moment.
Containing solid choices like Citrulline, Red Beetroot, Rhodiola Rosea, Caffeine and L-Theanine it has an endless amount of studies supporting its effectiveness.
It’s also one of the few products that contain no proprietary blends or artificial ingredients and sweeteners.
For a month’s supply (5 workouts a week) it’s $45.00 – pricey, but worth every penny.
How 4 Gauge will benefit you:
When we took 4 Gauge we noticed the following benefits:
- Increased Energy – We could train for longer with more intensity.
- Improved Strength – Lift more weight, and in some cases even break PRs.
- Enhanced Focus – Concentrate more while training, and stay ‘in the zone’.
- Awesome Muscle Pumps – Have thicker more vascular looking muscles.
- No Energy Crashes – The L-Theanine/Caffeine combo increases focus and lessens crashes afterwards.
What you should consider:
- 4 Gauge is a premium product – so it’s slightly more expensive than other pre workouts.
- You can only buy 4 Gauge from it’s website.
What we recommend:
If you want to know how well 4 Gauge actually works, we recommend that you read our full official review.
We cover the ingredients, the servings, how effective it is overall – and how it will work for you.
You can find out more in the link below:
– Our Full Review –
#2. Performance Lab SPORT Pre-Workout
This is the best Stimulant Free pre workout that we’ve come across on the market.
If you want a supplement without Caffeine to boost you gym sessions, this is what you need to look at.
What you need to know about Performance Lab SPORT Pre-Workout Review:
This is a capsule-based pre workout which contains some great ingredients linked to improving performance.
It contains Citrulline, Creatine, Himalayan Salt (which is great for electrolytes), Carnosine and numerous other good study-backed options.
Not only that, it’s one of the cleanest supplements we have ever seen. It’s vegan, soy free, gluten free, non-GMO, contains no additives or synthetic ingredients. Very safe.
How it will benefit you:
- Improves Endurance – You can train for longer in the gym.
- Good Muscle Pumps – Bigger, fuller muscle pumps.
- Restores Electrolytes and Hydrates – Feel fully refreshed and ready to train before a gym session.
- Better Focus – Concentrate for longer in the gym.
- Stronger Lifts – Improved power output for better results in the gym.
What you need to consider:
This supplement is in capsule form, unlike most other pre workouts which are powdered form.
You should also know that it can only be bought off the company’s website:
– Our Full Review –
#3. Genius Brand Genius Pre
What you need to know about Genius Pre:
With a good dose of Citrulline, Betaine, Rhodiola and Tyrosine – Genius Pre is on of the better options on the market for a pre workout.
So why isn’t it #1 or #2 in this list? It doesn’t promote energy levels – and the mild chance of side effects.
There are good points and bad points to Genius Pre – but on the whole it beats most of the other options out there.
How it can benefit you:
- With a well-dosed amount of citrulline, it should help to improve overall muscle pumps.
- The Rhodiola should also help improve mood.
What you need to consider:
- There are no stimulants in this pre workout to give your session that ultimate boost.
- There are potential side effects from the Beta Alanine in this product.
– Our Full Review –
What makes an effective Pre Workout?
Choosing a pre workout comes down to 3 main factors:
- The Ingredients
- No Proprietary Blends
- The Servings
Here’s what you need to know:
#1. The Ingredients
When it comes to Pre Workouts, safety is paramount. For the best results you want to make sure that everything you’re taking is completely natural.
This doesn’t just apply to the main ingredients – but the flavorings and sweeteners too.
For the best results and for no risk of side effects, try to use a pre workout that has no artificial additives and is comprised of completely natural ingredients.
Also, be sure to see that the ingredients it does use are all backed by clinical studies.
#2. No Proprietary Blends
Having good ingredients is one thing – but knowing how much you’re getting is also important, and this is why you don’t want proprietary blends.
Proprietary Blends are when supplement companies group together numerous individual ingredients and display under one single dosage value.
This means you don’t know how much of each ingredient you’re getting, or how effective it’s going to be after you take it.
It’s not your best option and it’s a lack of transparency on the part of the manufacturer.
#3. The Servings
It’s not only what you’re getting that’s import – there’s also how much.
As most pre workouts include caffeine, and many of us have high tolerances to the stimulant – sometimes you may need to take 2 servings at a time instead of one.
However, not all supplements recommend doing this – as it could cause side effects. The recommended safe limit for caffeine in one serving hovers around 300mg.
If you’re going to double scoop a pre workout, make sure it has 150mg of caffeine or lower to be on the safe side.
Your best option here has got to be 4 Gauge by Roar Ambition.
It’s got the best nutrient profile here by far. It improves strength, energy, muscle pumps and focus. It’s ideal for both working out or competing in sports.
Everything is completely natural in this product including the sweeteners and flavorings.
We suggest you check out our full review and get the full story: